bigard lonergan center
"To demand the absolute and to be content with absolutely nothing else results in a skepticism."
NEWS AND OFFICIAL UPDATES
Bigard Lonergan Center
Rev. Fr. Dr Humphrey Uchenna Ani
Director : Dr. Humphrey Uchenna Ani (Bigard, Enugu, Nigeria)
Bernard Lonergan (1904-1984)
Author/Philosopher : Lonergan is one of the most comprehensive thinkers in the contemporary era, whose ideas have spread across Theology, Philosophy, Education, History, Economics and Humanities at large.
Main Works of Lonergan
The Redemption CWL9.
The Triune God.
Systematics CWL 12.
The Third Collection CWL 16.
Verbum: Word and Idea in Aquinas CWL 2.
Early Works on Theological Method 1,2&3, CWL 22,23,24.
Shorter Works Relevant to Ethics
- “Finality, Love, Marriage.” Collection, op. cit., pp 16-55.
- “The Example of Gibson Winter,” A Second Collection, op. cit., pp 189-192.
- “The Dialectic of Authority,” A Third Collection. New York: Paulist Press, 1985, pp 5-12.
- “Method: Trend and Variations,” ibid., pp 13-22.
- “Healing and Creating in History,” ibid., pp. 100-109.
- “The Ongoing Genesis of Methods,” ibid., pp. 146-165.
- “Natural Right and Historical Mindedness,” ibid., pp. 169-183.
- “Lectures on Existentialism,” Part Three of Phenomenology and Logic: The Boston College Lectures on Mathematical Logic and Existentialism, Volume 18 of the Collected Works of Bernard Lonergan, op.cit., pp. 219-317.
- Robert M Doran, The Trinity in History volume 1-3.
- Robert M Doran, Theology and the Dialectics of History.
- Doran Psychic Conversion and Theological Method